101 Things To Do When Your Bored
1. Look up urban legends, and/or ghost stories in your town. Investigate!
2. If you live in a city with public transport (bus, train, subway), plan a trip using the transit system. Take some friends along for company, or just enjoy the ride and people-watch!
3. Get yourself a roll of quarters and find a video arcade.
4. Strike up a conversation with a total stranger.
5. Learn to tie sailors’ knots.
6. Volunteer. It’s fun and you’ll get good karma. :o)
7. Hang out with old people. They have great stories and sometimes need the company.
8. Perform random acts of kindness.
9. Find out all the great touristy places in your city. Now spend the day being a tourist!
10. Try geocaching.
11. Check out the local art scene. Attend a gallery opening.
12. Become a babysitter and have fun playing with a child – everyone needs to engage in an epic light saber battle every once in awhile!
13. Try to beat 20Q.
14. Go fly a kite.
15. Give yourself a facial. Or a total make-over.
16. Try brewing your own beer. Or make your own wine.
17. Google everyone you knew in high school.
18. If you like building, making, and/or creating things, find something on Instructables to make.
19. Check out a sketchy ethnic restaurant in your area. You might find a gem or you might get food poisoning. Either way, it's the stuff stories are made of. Plus, you’ll be able to say "I know this great little _____ place."
20. Take all the cushions off your couch and some blankets from your bed and build a fort.
21. Be someone else for a few hours. Put on a hat, fake beard and eyeglasses and walk around town.
22. Go for a walk. Explore your neighborhood. You’re bound to find gardens, shops, restaurants, art, or other random bits of wonderfulness you didn’t even know were there.
23. Choose a movie to see based on the roll of the dice. Open a newspaper or web browser to your local movie listings. Roll the dice. If, for example, you roll a three, go see the third movie in the listings.
24. Read a book. Try one that someone has recommended but that you wouldn’t normally choose for yourself. You might be pleasantly surprised.
25. Eat rice with chop sticks
26. Learn to play a musical instrument. Take up the ukulele.
27. Spend some time browsing in the public library.
28. Have coffee in a bookstore. Sit in one of their super-comfy armchairs. Read one of their books.
29. Window shop. Or, shop for windows. Whichever.
30. Go to a gun range and try out some rental pistols.
31. Interview someone. Local history organizations often need people to conduct interviews and transcribe oral histories that might otherwise be lost.
32. Document your day in photographs.
33. Treat yourself to a manicure. Or a pedicure.
34. Grab a partner and hit the racquetball or tennis court.
35. Facebook-stalk people from your past.
36. Try the assignments at Learning to Love You More.
37. Release a book into the wild.
38. Get yourself a fake buddy.
39. Exchange postcards with a stranger.
40. Order something from The Something Store.
41. Wash your dog. Try washing your cat.
42. Cut out photos and paste them on Popsicle sticks. Have a puppet show.
43. Learn to peel a banana with your feet.
44. Have a movie marathon. Watch all the Lord of the Rings movies. Or all of the Star Wars films. Or the Indiana ... you get the idea.
45. Turn on the T.V., put it on mute and make up dialogue. Or mute the TV and play music. It’s funny to see how the music “matches up” with what’s happening on-screen.
46. Go dumpster diving and see what you can find.
47. Make faces at strangers to make them laugh.
48. Take your TV outside. While you’re at it, take your favorite comfy chair or couch outside too!
49. Watch kids play – and then join in.
50. Sit in your parked car with sunglasses on and point a hair dryer at passing cars. See if they slow down.
51. Skip rather than walk.
52. Join the summer reading program at your local library. Who cares if it’s just for kids?
53. Plant a garden. Or some potted plants.
54. Pack a fun lunch and go to the park. Play Frisbee.
55. Decorate blank t-shirts.
56. Set up a Slip 'N Slide in your back yard. Invite the whole neighborhood!
57. Spend a day at the beach.
58. Make lemonade from lemons.
59. Set up a hammock in your yard. Use it!
60. Make your own ice cream.
61. Create a masterpiece on your driveway with sidewalk chalk.
62. Have a water balloon fight. Or a sponge ball fight.
63. Help produce the 1 Second Film.
64. Watch presentations on slideshare.
65. Write a one-sentence story.
66. Learn how to make raspberry jam, how to make fortune cookies, how to fix a bicycle chain, how to start a small business, and more!
67. Visit a museum. Or visit an online museum.
68. Go bowling.
69. Blow bubbles.
70. Build a campfire and make s’mores. Or banana boats.
71. Decorate a pair of flip-flops.
72. Gather some old dry bread crusts and feed the birds. Or go to a lake or pond and feed the ducks.
73. Go on a hike.
74. Research your family tree.
75. Go to a farmer’s market.
76. Start a scrapbook.
77. Learn to crochet. Or knit.
78. Star gaze. Or visit a science center or planetarium.
79. Lie on the grass and look at cloud shapes.
80. Build a sandcastle.
81. Plant a tree.
82. Bake cookies. Put them in pretty containers and deliver them to your friends.
83. Rent a projector, hang a white sheet in your backyard and have a backyard movie night.
84. Have a pillow fight.
85. Clean up trash in a local park. Or pick up trash on your block.
86. Paint your bedroom a new color.
87. Learn to juggle.
88. Start a collection.
89. Record a funny new greeting for your voice mail.
90. Buy part of the moon.
91. Make deep-fried Twinkies.
92. Glue money to the floor and watch people try to pick it up.
93. Go into a building and set all the clocks ahead one hour (or behind, if you're really bold).
94. Write a novel.
95. Build things out of cans of food. Donate them to a food bank afterwards.
96. Watch a familiar DVD dubbed in a foreign language.
97. Learn a new language. Or learn sign language!
98. Write a letter to a friend. On paper! Don’t forget to mail it.
99. Clean out your closet.
100. Rearrange your furniture.
101. Make a list. (Maybe a list of things to do when you’re bored!)
Copyright © 2009-2010 Handsomeℑoxic